Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Living what you believe! (From old ACCESS)


One's philosophy is not best  expressed in words;                                        
it is expressed in the choices one makes.                                                                          
In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves.  
The process never ends until we die.                                                                             
And, the choices we make  are ultimately                                                 
our own  responsibility.
Eleanor Roosevelt


In other words: LIVING WHAT WE BELIEVE!  My stand on midwifery and midwifery education and birth in general has cost me a lot. Being different has meant far less income than I could have had if I had just gone along with the majority.  But since I BELIEVE different things, I have to DO things differently. The way I see it, NOT STANDING on principle and not living what I believe would cost something far more valuable.
                         Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment